Government sector finance reform
The Government Sector Finance Act 2018 (GSF Act) replaces, consolidates, and updates four separate pieces of legislation that governed public financial management for more than 30 years, including:
- Public Finance and Audit Act 1983
- Public Authorities (Financial Arrangements) Act 1987
- Annual Reports (Statutory Bodies) Act 1984
- Annual Reports (Departments) Act 1985
The Public Finance and Audit act 1983 will be repealed and renamed, effective from July 1st 2019, as the Government Sector Audit Act 1983 (GSA Act). The GSA Act will contain provisions about government sector audits, the Auditor General, the Audit office of NSW and the Public Accounts Committee (PAC).
This page provides information about the GSF Act to inform agencies about the reform and their role in the successful implementation. Agencies should note that the fact sheets and other support material are a guide only and do not replace a familiarity with the legislation.
- GSF Act kickstart presentation for CFOs
- Action list for Agency CFOs
- Engagement contacts – by Cluster
- GSF Commencement timetable
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access fact sheets and resources, click on the resource pages on the left-hand menu or below.